2.02.2012

Let your light so shine...




It's Candlemas today.  It's one of the more obscure catholic holy days.  In the middle ages, it was one of the high Holy Days, as it celebrated the end of Christmas and the return to work. Now, it's simply the feast of the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple.
It's also the day the priest blesses candles for use in the church throughout the year, and in some churches, hands them out to anyone who goes to mass that day.

My parents happened to receive a couple candles (they go to mass most every weekday), and brought them home, to me, where I happened to be reading a blog post about, you guessed it, Candlemas.

Inspired, I decided to create some light in my own home for my loved ones this evening, and to share that glow with you.
Enjoy!








Incidentally, the tealight candle holders are old insulaters from industrial electrical wires.  I've upended them.  Some of them stand up great by themselves, but others I supported, using various thrifted vessels and stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment