2.13.2012

Baby bumps


Yesterday, we threw a baby shower for my sister.  She was besieged by presents and love.

Afterwards, I grabbed my sister and we went out to her backyard for the quickest photo shoot ever, before she headed off to a late mass.  The light was soft and golden, and I finally got the baby bump photos I've been searching for.




You can tell how much she's looking forward to this little girl.

The baby shower went well.
We hung the house with garlands.  They're the same ones we used to decorate her May wedding, almost 9 months ago.


I have to confess something:

Sometimes, I feel like showers are just polite packaging around a gift giving ceremony.  I respect that, because people need the gifts and their loved ones want to give them good things, but that doesn't make the party very enjoyable.  However, this one was actually fun.

We played a couple games, but my runaway favorite was one where we split into teams and made fake baby bellies. The teams were instructed to pick a model, and using saran wrap and a pillow, make a baby bump.  The team who's baby bump most closely matched Sarah's won.  Much hilarity ensued.





Annie got extra into her role, putting the pillow underneath her shirt and tucking it into her pants to get the right shape.  She also did an uncannily good pregnancy waddle, hand propped on her hip to support her "aching back."




No comments:

Post a Comment