9.26.2012

Fire and Fall


An emerald is as green as grass;
a ruby red as blood;
A sapphire shines as blue as heaven;
A flint lies in the mud.

 A diamond is a brilliant stone,
to catch the world's desire;
An opal holds a fire spark;
but a flint holds fire.
                           -Christina Rosetti

It is early fall, and the weather is perfect for layers of warmer clothing, baking, walks in the woods, and going to bonfires. It is so delicious to be able to wear sweaters again!
I miss my sweaters and scarves during the summer months.

Last weekend, I went to a bonfire out in the country.  We laughed, talked, drank beer and stared into the warm, comforting fire.  Some people played corn-hole while others put on music to line dance to.  My sister brought the last of the fireworks we bought for her birthday, and we set them off.  My sister and brother saw a shooting star.

I brought my camera, because I just like bringing my camera, despite its size.  Plus I wanted to try out my low-light lens while taking fire pictures.  I found that it was more responsive in capturing the subtler colors of the flames amongst the coals. lovely.








 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment