5.09.2012

A New Camera for Moi

I think "moi" is the weirdest looking word ever.  It does sound lovely when said aloud though.

Sooo, anyway, I finally got a camera upgrade.  I have a pact with myself to only buy new equipment when I've truly reached the limits of my old equipment.  I have loved my Canon Rebel these past three years, and know it like I know my favorite t-shirt.  We are that familiar with each other.  However, I got to the point where I knew there were some things that I really wanted in a camera that I just didn't have with my Rebel, like more ISO settings, a flip-out view screen for unusual angles or self portraits, and a larger battery pack.  I also just wanted...more. More value range, more options, more sophistication, more pixels.
So I am now the proud owner of a Canon D60.
I'm so enamored I may just name it.

I've been out shooting something virtually every day since it arrived Saturday.  Here's a few of the images I've captured.











The camera has a setting where I can shoot in black and white.  It's actually capturing a color RAW file, but the image displays in black and white, so that I can see the values it's capturing and how they will look in gray scale.  It's changing how I shoot.  
I never knew how much I like shooting low contrast images.

3 comments: