5.14.2012

Making faces.


So, Mother's day happened.

I started it by getting up super early (for me) and making strawberry shortcake.  My mother requested I make her a special dessert, rather than buying her flowers or making her a card.

My family rose as late as they could, like recalcitrant souls rising at the sound of the Last Trumpet.  We got ready, packed up inordinate amounts of food, and went to the house of my sister, a brand-spanking-new mother herself.

We talk a good, adult, refined sort of talk for the first half hour or so.  I distinctly remember having a conversation about the sub-dynamics of the Bolshevik revolution.  However, as always, it quickly degenerated into general silliness.

So, we laughed until we spasmed.

Annie, in particular, kept making silly faces.





Catherine's however, won.

The child shows promise, no?

PS. The first photo is one I took on the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment