4.20.2012

my favorite field


There's a certain field off of Frederick's Pike that I have a minor obsession with.  Something about the way it changes through the seasons, and the way the colors of it change from watercolored dawn, through high contrast noon, onto a golden lit sunset, where the trees are just strips of black etched into the exposure.
I photographed it a couple of times around Christmas, capturing it during its winter dormancy.
I've visited it once this spring, but have yet to get out there at dawn to see how that changes the greens and yellows.  This is probably because I hate getting up early.

Its mood changes so much.  Also, last time I was there, I tried to capture the creek that was running parallel to it.  However, it just looked drab and dirty in all of the pictures.  However, with the advent of spring, it has an interesting ochre yellow cast, from reflecting the spring foliage.

I love the detail in the netted branches of the trees.






No comments:

Post a Comment