1.13.2012

Winter texture

It finally snowed!!!

As I was photographing the snow, it was already melting and sliding away.
The temperature plummeted in the hours following, and we still have snow on the ground, but it's not  clinging to every little hummock and detail of the landscape the way it was when it was fresh and wet.


I've been noticing the texture of plants and trees recently.
The cold weather seems to wear away at plants, changing them into something different than what they were in the fall.
















Last night, I went out to fetch something from the car. The snow was coming down exactly like the glitter in a snow globe.
I've never seen it look like that.  It looked like fake snow in a movie.  It was so shiny, you could mistake it for glitter, both on the ground and as it floated through the air.

Snow falling at night is practically impossible to photograph, and certainly beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment