1.28.2012

Chipper as h*ll pillows, and weather to match

The sky is a chipper blue, and my mood matches it.


Incidentally, so do my new pillows.

I finally finished my "bubble wrap" pillow.  I got all of the bubbles done, and the intricate quilted panel I decided to do on the back.  And then I forgot about it, more or less, for about 7 months.  All that remained to do was some quick machine stitching and uncomplicated hand finishing for the seams  on the front (the front panel has a vintage hanky behind all the "bubbles").  Still, it took me all that time to get from "I should work on this" to "I'm going to work on this tonight."
The bubble wrap pillow makes me smile every time I see it.  It's just so absurd. And pretty.  And I didn't make it for anyone else but me, which is rare.

The second pillow I made out of a men's shirt, when the first pillow looked lonely.  So now they get to hang out together until I get the room assembled that they're going to go into, and refurbish the chair they will be on.

Here's a few more photos, so you can see the details, and the other sides of course:




The quilt I photographed them on is a vintage one that mom got somehow, but she doesn't remember it.  I'll show it to her and see if it jogs her memory.
I suspect she inherited it from her side of the family at some point, put it away in her closet (because kids destroy things if you leave them out. Who knew?) and then forgot about it.  With all the upheaval and room moving, it's surfaced again.

It's completely hand pieced and hand quilted.  I think the fabric is 1930s feedsack prints.  It's in excellent condition except for a tear in the middle from being folded so long.  I think I can mend it, but before I do that, I've got to finish another set of baby shower invitations, mend my brother's star wars pajama pants, and make oodles of baby bibs.
I love the fabric that went into making the fan blocks.  I'll alternate details of the quilt with pictures of other things that have been improving my mood lately.

Oh, this kid!  I found his cut mug on kirtsy, and envy the photographer who captured it.


Yes, V-Day is just around the corner, but I like Valentine graffiti better than the typical stuffed animals and cheesiness.


I'm working on designing a logo and business card for my photography.  This business card is just too delicious!


 A happy strawberry from Elsa Mora.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete