12.06.2011

People Look East... verse two

Furrows, be glad. Though earth is bare,
One more seed is planted there:
Give up your strength the seed to nourish,
That in course the flower may flourish.
People, look east and sing today:
Love, the rose, is on the way!







Glorious, aren't they?


the roses are scans I took from Edwardian era postcards, so they're copyright free.  Feel free to download and use them for whatever suites your fancy.  
I think I'm going to turn the red and yellow roses in to the background on my computer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always behind schedule and this comment is no exception, but I simply love your Victorian rose pictures and other Victorian and Victorian style images. And as it happens, we both knew someone who would also be ecstatic over them... Another "Jo" ... This was the kind of thing she loved to collect and look at over and over, maybe because HER mother loved them too, and was a genuine Victorian.

    Roni in IL

    ReplyDelete