12.13.2011

Teach me to love.



I'm preparing a christmas package for my brother, who currently lives in China with his Korean wife and daughter.  It should, if all goes reasonably well, be mailed out today.

There's so much love being shoved into that box, along with the various gifts. There's love layered in the pages of the children's books, and nestled in the folds of the wrapping paper, laid to rest beneath the bows.

Some of that lovingness is made up of handmade gifts. Handmade caramels.  Cards hand drawn by my other neice, handmade earrings, and the most beautiful tiny hand-knit sweater and socks for the new baby they're expecting.  My sister B made the sweater, and pictures of it are probably up on her blog, or will be shortly.  I also decided to give my brother a folio I made, to store precious images and/or documents.






It was a cozy, warm process, making what I did, and then packing up my carefully wrought gifts with those of my family.

Inside the folio, I nestled the program from my sister's November wedding, and a print this:


I miss my brother, and his family quite a bit.  It's too much love to keep to myself, so I must export it, and hope they receive it in good condition, all intentions properly interpreted, unmarred by the distance it must travel.

1 comment: