9.25.2011

Oktoberfest: an essay in pictures

Last night, a couple of siblings, my father and I went to Oktoberfest.



We listened to polka music (a rarity in Dayton, OH),

saw among other things, impeccably crafted, warmly decorated pottery by Rick Paladino.

made Annie try on a hat that made her look like a extraordinarily cute snow bunny,

and admired the scenery.

A moment before I snapped this picture, this woman was stirring a large, steaming pot with a paddle, like a scullery maid of yore.

The lighting was spectacularly fun to photograph: both warm and mysterious at the same time.


My photography got progressively more moody and atmospheric.



We drank wonderful, deeply flavored beer, smoked cigars, 
and toddled home, just as it started to rain.

PS. Oktoberfest is still going on today, until 7, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment