8.30.2012

dusk blooms

I almost invariably photograph flowers right before I lose the daylight.
It may be because that's when I water my bits of the garden. I'm too lazy to get up early and water my flowers before the hot sun can interfere with moisture absorption.  So I rush out to water the garden after dinner, while there's still enough time that the flowers can dry off a bit before the sun goes down.

The drought has cowed almost the entire garden.  The begonias are soldiering on, and the sedum is unfazed, but everything else is dry and despairing.  Except for my zinnias.  They are sunshiny, cheerful, abundant, and resilient. They are such a joy.

They are the only flower blooming in enough of a quantity to cut for arrangements.  Here, in no particular order is the highlights from recent arrangements.


See more beauty after the jump.

 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment