7.15.2012

vacation photography: family

It's a little silly, but most of my pictures from family vacation include one niece or the other, or sometimes both.



I thought about it afterwards, and here's my theory: It takes very little for children and babies to look cute.  Adults tend to want a little more prep time before they let you take their portrait.  And who wants to go through all that fuss and bother? It's vacation after all. Time to wear your most comfortable clothes, not worry about make-up, and generally let your hair down.

Hence, lots of pictures of neices, very few pictures of siblings.





The littlest niece even got into the puzzle we were assembling. (She had a lot of assistance from a trouble-making aunt.)



Oddly enough, everyone looked good in the pool.
One would think that that would be the time when people would look least good, with wet, strange hair, and less clothing to hide body flaws.  However, all that gleaming water was the perfect vacation accessory.
So I took lots of pictures, while staying as far away from the water as possible. Thank God for zoom lenses.







One the last day before we left, I ended up playing a sort of photography game with my youngest brother and my niece.  They took turns jumping into the pool, while making the most ridiculous poses possible.  I shot from the far end of the pool, at the fastest exposure possible.  The results were wonderful.

I turned the 20 best into a photo collage.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment