8.22.2011

Printable Lovelies: Make Your Own Seed Packets.

I've been collecting seeds.

It's that time of year, when the snapdragons, brown eyed susans, four o'clocks, cone flowers and other annuals in my garden are producing seeds.  In order to make sure that they come back next year, I'm collecting some of their seeds to sew come spring.

I'm also collecting seeds to send off to a friend so she can use them to naturalize their hillside.

I'm also a cheap-skate, so I'm collecting clematis seeds from my mother's plants, to see if I can get my own vines for free-ziees, rather than paying a plant company for them.  
I love clematis, whether it's the ethereal small white ones, that bloom in a haze of little stars, or the woodsy vines that have largish deep purple flowers.  They always remind me of woodland at twilight.

The problem with collecting seeds is that you end up with all these tiny little specks, that look a lot like dirt, and bear no resemblance to their parent plant.  I realized pretty quickly that I needed a system to keep track of them all, some way of labeling them...

So I decided to make seed packets ( a novel idea, I know) with blank label areas where I can mark the type of plant.
Being the nifty person I am, I decided to scan them, A. so I could make more, and B. so I could share them with you!

I've formatted them so they will print accurately 2 to a page.

Just print them out, color them in(optional), cut them out, glue the tabs together, insert seeds, glue the top closed, and label. Viola!

enjoy!

PS. they're also handy for scrapbooking, gift tags, etc. 
       My sister is using them as place cards for her wedding.




No comments:

Post a Comment