8.06.2011

The Most Gracious Bride in the World.

I haven't posted this week because I'm preparing a blog post that's a tutorial, and therefore needs more editing and planning.
I've taken the pics for it.  Annie was willing to be my student/guinea pig/model, and she did a great job.  Now just to write the thing and pic which pics illustrate the tutorial best...

I was planning on that being my next post, but then I went to a wedding shower today.

In addition to wedding mayhem, a ridiculously large percentage of my friends are getting married, or having babies, or getting married and then having babies, or... You get the picture.  I am so happy for all of them, and the merry chaos it has caused in my life.  I'm swimming in a sea of sewing projects, trying to make something for all of them.

This particular bride, the bride the shower was for, got an apron.  I tried a pattern I bought because I loved the ruffles that edge the bodice and go over the shoulders.  I love those kinds of ruffles.  They're so 1950's housewife.  She loved it too, as you can see in the pic of her in it.
The amazing thing about this young woman, is that she is the most gracious, gentle person I've ever met.  She proved it today, by being the perfect gift recipient.

She opened every gift with such genuine joy and gratitude.  It was written all over her face.  I know that she got good gifts, and that certainly helps one be joyful about opening them, but she went far beyond polite thanks in the way she handled each item, examined it, and made eye contact with the giver.

I also love the way she laughs with her future husband, and the loving care of both their (large) extended families.

Here's a couple examples of her cuteness and warmth as she opens her gifts:





a couple more of my favorite things from the shower:

Favorite skirt:

Favorite baby (there were a lot of them to choose from):


Favorite odd moment


Favorite sweet moment:


Favorite picture:




No comments:

Post a Comment